[NTLK] Plastdip Case?

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 18 13:28:45 EDT 2012

I think one of the reasons people are painting their cars with it is at least partly due to the fact that it comes off fairly easy.  At least that's what I was told by a friend of mine who owns a paint shop.  He's wanting to paint the family Ford Excursion, and his wife said she'd peel a panel off a week and drive it around to see who notices.  He also paints wheels on race cars with it.  They look good at the start of the race, and after the race, when the wheels are all beat up, all you have to do is peel the old paint, wash and paint with a new coat of the stuff.

Perhaps it takes some sort of special prep to make it easily-removable, but that was one of the advantages of the stuff.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas