[NTLK] [OT] Sandy threatens financial/economic Armageddon

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun Oct 28 11:46:18 EDT 2012

On 10/28/2012 2:16 AM, Clu wrote:
> If New York is wiped out, we COULD run around like a chicken with our
> heads cut off....
> ... or we could relocate operations to another part of the country till
> New York is repaired and brought back online.
>
> Just saying.
*snip*
Ironically I was just thinking that earlier.  This is the digital age,
are you telling  me the NYSE does not have a backup system somewhere?
Please, you had better believe they have a backup system.  And they
could just move everything to another state, while NYC is being repaired.

Heck Washington DC was not always the capital, it was originally
Philadelphia while DC was being built, then everything was moved.  And
they didn't have digital backup and being able to move data at the speed
of light.

So are you telling me we are more backward than back at a time of horses
and candles?  LOL I doubt it.  Will it be annoying, yes, will it wipe
everything out?  Hardly.

-Dan