[NTLK] Off Topic: Macintosh SE/30 - to buy or not to buy?

arceeHS arceehs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:56:20 EDT 2012

Not from an Apple Elder (but not a Younger either):

The specs for the SE/30 are  ---->
HERE<http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_classic/specs/mac_se30.html>
1. The SE/30 wont run anything newer than SS 7.5.5. I read that Newton
Backup Utility works with SS 7.
2. What is an SE/30 Plus?
3. & 4. The SE/30 is a *very* popular Macintosh - on eBay $25 would be
considered a steal if it is any good at all. Even so, if you are looking
primarily for communication for your Newton there are far more capable
machines (newer, with built-in CD and even Internet capability) for
probably equal or less $. Think the PCI machines for example.

FWIW

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM, William Maloney <william.maloney.09 at cnu.edu