[NTLK] newt keyboard USB adapter

joe kallo quietglow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:06:49 EDT 2012

So it turns out there is a serial to usb app for android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slickdevlabs.apps.usb2serialdemo&hl=en

I have no idea if something can be done with that to give the rest of the
device the output from the keyboard, but it seems worth exploring.

That said, my goal was to end up using an original 2X00 case that holds the
keyboard. At this point, it would also have to hold a keyspan adapter as
well as a microusb/usb OTG adapter. That's starting to sound like a whole
lot of stuff to squeeze into the case (not to mention that it looks a
little cobbled. I wonder if I could splice a mini-usb onto a newton
keyboard cable. The keyspan adapter itself had no firmware (i.e. it
depended all on software) right? If so, the physical device was essentially
just acting as a splice anyway.