[NTLK] Einstein Simulator Status Update

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Sep 19 07:20:19 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> So here is my List:
>
> - implement the Byte Code interpreter loop: TInterpreter::Run(...) and Run1(...)
> - implement all functions that are called by TInterpreter::Run(...) (but no the individual native code that can be called - that would be much too much for a first step)
>
> At this point, we should have a quite fast byte code interpreter.
>
> - implement a native app that makes it possible to call TInterpreter::Run(...) without Einstein, and verify that our code is correct.
>
> Now, we can run Byte Code without launching Einstein. No exciting programs yet, but the basic structures would be there.
>
> - implement the package loader
>
> Now we can run (simple) packages without Einstein around, or we can run complex packages within Einstein at a much greater speed.
>
> - implement the native calls as needed and based one performance analysis
>
> Einstein gets faster and faster, the stand-alone interpreter becomes useful.
>
> - implement the rest ;-)

This whole improvement is very cool and exciting and I definitely
trust your initial roadmap. I wish I could help out at this time, but,
let's face it, I haven't even shown UNNA.org enough love lately.

Anyone else thinking of helping out with this?

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/
http://seriesparts.com/