[NTLK] Einstein Simulator Status Update

Steven Frank stevenfrank880 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:12:01 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have not invested any thought into that. 64-bit is only useful if a program plans to access more than 2GB of data and would run out of address space. As long as 32 bit software still runs on the respective operating systems, I see no need. But maybe Apple has announced that 32 bit software will soon stop working?

They haven't announced anything like that as far as I know.  But we
know they are always aggressively pushing forward and dropping any
perceived "legacy" support.

A more immediate problem might be that LLVM has trouble compiling
Einstein.  At the moment, Apple still provides a GCC, but who knows
how much longer that will last.

Steven