[NTLK] New Version! Einstein for Android 5.1.2013

swollen pajamas swollenpajamas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 10:21:30 EDT 2013

Matthias, you're awesome!

I got Einstein 5.1.2013 running on my Galaxy Tab 7 running Android
Gingerbread version 2.3.6. It's great, I've missed messing around with my
old MP's and eMate…

Overall, on the Tab 7, it's a little bit slow but definitely useable for
playing around. I'll be getting a faster Android tablet pretty soon, maybe
something stylus based, just so I can play with NOS on something current
(and not have to bring out the old battery sucking MP's).

As far as installing packages, when I try to launch a package from file
browser, I get a "no applications can perform this action" error… Also,
putting a pkg into the Einstein folder and selecting Install New Packages
from the Android menu doesn't seem to work. One package at a time… Tried it
first with Avi's backdrop. What worked was I just emailed myself the
package and saved it to the tablet where after it saves it asks me if I
want to install it in Einstein, then switches to Einstein and installs into
NOS no problem. Haven't tried install from web yet but assume it's the same
as saving from an email attachment...

Anyways, keep up the good work!

On Jan 4, 2013, at 17:51, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com
Hi folks, *>* *>* isn't vacation time a wonderful time? I really got a
hang of Java and Android over the last days. What a wonderful system!
Anyway, here we are:*>* *>* Changes:*>* * change screen resolution
(requires Newton reboot)*>* * enable/disable status bar*>* * change
screen refresh rate (now very fluid at 30fps on fast machines)*>* *
change NewtonID (if you already have licensed software, you can move
your ID with your device)*>* * install from file (start file browser
and tap on any package (*.pkg))*>* * install form web (start web
browser, got to inna.org or similar, tap on any package)*>* * fixed
background light*>* *>* *>*
http://code.google.com/p/einstein/downloads/list*>* *>* As usual, your
comments and suggestions are welcome, good and bad ;-)*>* *>* Todo:*>*
***>* --snip--*>* *>* - Matthias*