[NTLK] Long Time Storage

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Apr 30 18:16:22 EDT 2013

If you are looking for the best battery life, just don't let the
batteries lie around dead.  That is the WORST thing you can do with them
(with regard with the batteries) is leave them around dead.

If you are looking for long term storage without having to charge the
batteries quite as much, remove the battery packs from the newtons and
leave them in a good room temp location.  And perhaps every 6 months
power them/charge them up.  Or a little sooner if the batteries go dead
quicker than that.

If you don't care about the batteries, then I wouldn't worry other than
powering them up once a year or so.  Some say every 6 months is better
for capacitors, but that is debatable.  Some have been in storage for
years without power and were fine.  I guess it just depends.  I
personally would fire them once or twice a year.  :)

-Dan