[NTLK] A emulated Newton is a mighty fine thing

Frank Lowney frank.lowney at gcsu.edu
Wed Aug 7 09:41:47 EDT 2013

Yes,on  startup I get "Error! Unable to activate NE2K since Newton Device Drivers are not in the system"  I have downloaded al the relevant files at: http://code.google.com/p/einstein/downloads/list but haven't yet been able to find the internet support file collection.  I can't even find the page describing it.

A search on "internet" in the Wiki yields only the build instructions for Nokia. Searching for "internet" in the Issues area yields nothing.  The 2007 User Manual contains no reference to this functionality, probably because it predates it.

On Aug 5, 2013, at 7:20 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> On 06.08.2013, at 00:05, Frank Lowney <frank.lowney at gcsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> I've been playing around with the latest Newton emulator running under MacOS X 10.8.4.  I have it running and have installed NetHopper hoping to record the screen for an educational project I am working on.  Although I have installed the NE2K.pkg, my NetHopper won't hop onto any address I give it.
>>
>> So, are there some special tricks that one needs to know about?
>>

> The network emulation isn't just there yet. You can make it work by installing the entire internet support file collection as described on the GoogleCode page, and then setting the Internet settings to the same IPs and mask of your host machine.

Dr. Frank Lowney  Georgia College & State University
    Projects Coordinator, Digital Innovation Group @ Georgia College
   Chappell Hall 212 (CBX 106)
    Web Site, Blog, GCSU Email, iCloud Email
    My latest book: The Coming ePublishing Revolution in Higher Education
Voice: (478) 445-1344
NOTICE: Please be advised that I am hearing impaired and communicate most effectively via e-mail.  Follow-up summaries of telephone conversations by e-mail are most appreciated.
We don't make instruction effective, we make effective instruction more accessible.