[NTLK] Need a 'new' desktop

Bradley Mattice bradwart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 01:57:48 EDT 2013

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

It's actually quite possible to get the latest Flash hacked onto a PPC Mac,
or so I've seen. And I just tweaked TenFourFox to use plugins on my PB G4,
and Flash worked as well as can be expected.

I went ahead with a PowerMac G5 about an hour ago. Dual 1.8GHz G5's,
support for 8GB RAM, lots of good stuff. 129.99 shipped. Factor in that it
weighs 40 pounds and shipping was usually $50 or more on the other listings
(this one was 'free' UPS Ground), so it was really only about 80 bucks. Not
bad for what I plan to use it for. My G4 PowerBook has worked well enough
as a fill in for my desktop, so I think a G5 will be fine.

Well, my first Mac was a G3, then I got a G4, so I guess it only made sense
to get a G5, right? :D