[NTLK] Wired article

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 10 06:19:11 EDT 2013

Bravo! Great to see the Wired article on the Newton (via Rusty's link), but didn't see the same in the print issue (not in the Table of Contents, anyway).

RA and Grant, you look exactly as I imagined. Thanks to all (Lloyd in particular) who participated. My new job has me very busy, as well as my "labor of love" (not unlike the Newton), my 1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.

My 2100 sits next to me now. The good news is that Simon's newest NCX app will (at last!) open for me on the MacBook Pro running 10.8.4 (prior versions got hung up and would not start)...but I cannot get the Newton to connect. I haven't spent a lot of time messing with it, but it looks to be a serial connection issue.

Thanks,
--Forrest

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place." --Douglas Adams

•www.broodcoffeetalk.wordpress.com--Thoughts, observations, ideas…stuff to brood over
•Twitter: @FBuffenmyer