[NTLK] Happy birthday, Newton

Mr Jonathan Dueck jonathandueck at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 10:34:52 EDT 2013

So how can we non-coders help with this? It's really exciting. 

 From: Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com>
To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net 
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:47:37 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Happy birthday, Newton

On 15.08.2013, at 05:33, northcott91 at gmx.com wrote:

> WOOHOO!  Being able to do this without getting sued is big.  Where exactly are you guys on rewriting routines?  I remember that being talked about a while back; it was very exciting then, but even more so now.

I'd say that 25% of the ROM code has been rewritten, and 75% are needed to have a mostly working MessagePad. The remaining 25% is hardware stuff that doesn't need to be written because it is part of Einstein.

The NewtonTalk Mailing List - http://newtontalk.net/
The Official Newton FAQ     - http://splorp.com/newton/faq/
The Newton Glossary         - http://splorp.com/newton/glossary/
WikiWikiNewt                - http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

More information about the NewtonTalk mailing list