[NTLK] Taking another swing at my Newton

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Feb 8 06:58:51 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM, William T <wllm_t at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I own a MP2000U, and many a month ago, I attempted to get it to connect to my Macbook 6,1 runing snow leopard using NCX and the Keyspan serial to USB adapter. I never got that to work. Today I tried again, but the first attempt at installing a driver crashed my laptoop the second attempt did not, but it did not do anything at all as far as I can tell.  Any suggestions?

Which specific Keyspan USB-to-Serial adapter do you have? The USA-19HS
or the USA-28XG (or even the older USA-28X)? Did you download the
latest appropriate driver from Tripp Lite? This one should work for
both the USA-19HS & USA-28XG under Snow Leopard through Mountain Lion:

<http://www.tripplite.com/shared/software/Driver/Driver%20for%20USA-19HS_v2.6.4%20(Mac%20OS%20X%2010.6.x%20to%2010.8.x).zip>

Some other things to verify? Did you leave the Keyspan adapter
unplugged while you installed the driver? Also, did you reboot after
installing the driver (this is suggested for apps to correctly see the
driver & ports)?

How are you testing to confirm or deny that the installation was successful?

--
Morgan
---