[NTLK] A question of battery sleds

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:03:15 EST 2013

First, thank you to everyone who responded.  This is what I needed to know.
They were alkaline batteries so I'll be paying special attention to the
instructions about that.  Since my concern is to preserve the aesthetic
appearance as well as restore the full function (which is relatively
straightforward) I didn't want to cludge it back to life.

~~~ On 2013/01/09 06:49, James Fraser at
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> ....but /wouldn't it be something/ if LG could derive an /actual benefit/ from
> slathering the battery tray in Poutine as part of the resuscitation process?
> I can just see it now: "It won't neutralize the corrosion if the cheese isn't
> squeeky, so you have to find the proper cheese to use!"
>
> Poutine: not only do NewtonTalkers eat it, they also -repair their Newtons-
> with it. :^)
>
> (A man can dream, can't he?)

James, I like the way you think.  The acidity of poutine probably isn't up
to it, and the consistency means it probably wouldn't come off again, but
yes indeed, it would be cool.

I must confess I briefly was contemplating the possible effect of using
borshcht in similar manner....

As for dreams, I'm dreaming Tim Cook will wake up sometime this year with a
start, grab his iPhone, call his PA and shout, "We still own the Newton
technology, and we're doing NOTHING with it?!  Set up a meeting with all our
department heads for this morning, first thing!"

Shalom,

Christian

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

*The Destruction Of Life As We Know It*