[NTLK] Oil in Newton.. LOL

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Jan 11 07:16:25 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Ed Kummel <tech_ed at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Two cars that are on my list of must own are the Triumph Spitfire and the TR6...in British Racing Green of course! I was told by a neighbor who had a TR6 that you have to own two...
> And the Spirfire, how cool is it to hang your arm out the window and have your knuckles almost on the ground! Then of course, there's the Jaguar (you know which one) a classic Land Rover (like the one in Daktari...and yes, it needs to be zebra striped). An MG Midget, and of course the MGB TD like the one Steed drove in The Avengers. Funnily enough, I'm not impressed by the Aston Martin...but I'll take a 70's Morris Minor, or an ancient Rover!

I went for the classic Series Land Rover, and does it ever leak oil. I
went for the newest of the old style, a 1982 Series III (they were
only produced until 1985), with a full syncro gearbox (yes, that, dual
power brakes, and a little padding on the dash are really the only
improvements from the fifties & sixties models) and it still leaks
like there's no tomorrow. And don't get me started on the Lucas
electrics.

So, yeah, it really made my day to see the British computer joke on
NTLK since I see it frequently on LRO (Land Rover Owners). What a
great, diverse community we are!

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/