[NTLK] Clear developer's Newton 110 pops up on eBay | MacNN

Mickey Sattler mickey at sattlers.org
Tue Jan 22 23:36:18 EST 2013

On 22 Jan 2013, at 2011 , James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I assume they bought it solely for the looks.  Ironically, I was reading Mickey Sattler's website last night (he has one):
>
> http://www.sattlers.org/mickey/tech/hardware/apple/newton/index.html
>
> ...and was impressed with the HWR.  The other kind of impressed, that is:
>
>> I had to deal with poor handwriting recognition (which I overcome with >Grafitti), but all in all things went pretty well.

Imagine my surprise at seeing my own site and words used to illustrate a topic I happen to love. :-)

I was impressed with the HWR ***in context*** of what came before, but still needed Graffiti to get any kind of throughput.

The clear case is eye-catching, and of all my Newtons it's probably the only one I'm really attached to. (In fact, I've just gone through my gear closet and found 4 2x00s, and a lot of programming manuals, cables, etc. I'll probably box it up into one bundle rather than drawing it out into many individual orders.

Mickey

--
Everything is awesome and nobody is happy. -- Louis C.K.