[NTLK] Montreal Poutine Week is February 1 through 7

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:49:15 EST 2013

~~~ On 2013/01/31 02:50, John Heinrichs at minicapt1 at mac.com wrote ~~~

> Try here for a semi-canonical description of 'classic
> poutine':
http://www.montrealpoutine.com/recipes.html

It's really a question of getting the right curds isn't it?  I'm not even
sure we can do it here.  AFAIK authentic poutine uses Ontario "cheddar"
(i.e., "cheddar-style") cheese, not genuine English *Cheddar* cheese, so
poutine here would be made either with the real thing or with some
industrial version of it, and neither one is necessarily going to have the
taste (or texture) as Ontario cheese.  Or am I being too fussy?  ;-)

Seriously (for only a moment I promise) I'll somehow do my best to indulge,
if only for Newt's sake.  But it is hard being so far from the motherload.

Shalom,

Christian

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

*The Destruction Of Life As We Know It*