[NTLK] Question about the torrents.

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Jun 4 22:42:55 EDT 2013

On 6/4/2013 7:39 PM, Tony Morrow wrote:

> Also remember that some Newton users are not exclusively Mac users. I keep a copy of the UNNA archive on my Windows PC and transfer apps/data through HTTP when necessary. Opening DMG files isn't as convenient on PC as it is on OS X.
>
> I remember a several year ago we had a similar discussion about the Newton Museum torrent because the content was distributed as a DMG. Somebody created an ISO version for the non-Mac users, but I don't know if that file is still available anywhere.
>
> -Tony Morrow

I wish to second that.  I am not a Mac user, and the last few posts left
me scratching my head with regard to DMG format (not having any idea
what it was) and torrents.  Morgan is correct most clients allow picking
and choosing of the contents on a Torrent.  In fact I haven't used a
torrent system that didn't.  Although I am sure there must be one
floating around somewhere.

-Dan