[NTLK] OT: iPod hard drive blue foam, does one need it?

Andrew Beals andrew.beals at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 10:15:54 EDT 2013

Motion control.  And did you try your old hard drive (do they have SMART
info you can get at?) before tossing it?  I swapped a HDD for a SSD (CF in
an adaptor/carrier) in an older iPod and it turned out that it was actually
the PCB (heck, it might be the ribbon cable, but I doubt that) being old
and cranky.  It will be replaced with a cheaper player, probably a Sandisk
Sansa.  I'll most probably move all of my music over to linux as well at
that point.