[NTLK] OT: iPod hard drive blue foam, does one need it?

Mr Jonathan Dueck jonathandueck at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 18:51:49 EDT 2013

Fantastic! Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Jon

________________________________
 From: Andrei Chichak <newton at chichak.ca>
To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:49:18 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT: iPod hard drive blue foam, does one need it?

There is also a thin layer of foam crap on the board side of the drive to insulate it from the mother board. If that doesn't come off well, just put in a piece of card stock. In electronics it is know as "fish" paper. Just to keep things from going sparky-sparky.

Hey, did you know that the iPod uses the same family of processors as Apple's Newton (see what I did there?).

Andrei