[NTLK] Archives, just for completeness.

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Jun 23 19:50:48 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Michael Tiernan
<michael.tiernan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just out of courisity, the webpage at "United Network of Newton
> Archives" says that
>
> these sites are in the "Mirror Archive".
>
>     download.planetnewton.com
>     ftp.amug.org
>     ftp.bitcon.no
>     ftp.eecs.wsu.edu
>     ftphqx.info.apple.com.
>     nats-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
>     numeroso.spb.ru
>     www.sfu.ca
>     www.soaring.de
>     www1.goodwill.co.jp
>     staff.dstc.edu.au
>     ftp.powertrans.de
>     ftp.iambic.com
>     www.geocities.com
>     www.sealiecomputing.com
>     www.silverwaresoftware.com
>     www.piazzafamily.org
>     www.tempel.org
>     www.netoven.com (English Translation)
>     www.stillnewt.org
>     homepage.mac.com
>     web.me.com
>     www.0x1.org
>
> For clarification, does this mean that the content from these archives
> are already archived on the UNNA or in the Newton Musueum?

Yes, all of the above are already mirrored on
<http://mirrors.unna.org/>. The only exception being the
homepage.mac.com & web.me.com duo which are potentially incomplete as
they were archived in haste when Apple shuttered .mac. However, if
you're also referring to whether they're all in the mirrors.unna.org
torrent, then the answer is, "Not all of them," as the torrent is a
snapshot from 2006 so much of them are missing.

Definitely let me know if you have any questions or any website
archive/mirror submissions as I'm always looking to expand what is
archived for future generations.

--
Morgan
---