[NTLK] Compiling a big Newton package

Vladislav Korotnev vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 05:53:33 EDT 2013

I am still working on the Video Player thing..
It seems that "Project Data"'s lines of

r := OpenResFileX("MacLis:Desktop Folder:BadApple:Pics1.rsrc");
setadd(PictList,MakePixFamily(nil,nil,{rsrcSpec: "Frame1", bitdepth:4}),nil);

make it load the file from the computer, not from the package, during the sync.
So the question is — how does one tell NTK to actually embed the resources INTO the package, if that is even possible?
I used to have a project of a 'soundboard' that did that but I don't have it anymore after an HDD crash.

I'd be very much interested in the discussion - much more so than in some
of the off-topic stuff that gets posted.
I asked to contact off-list since I also would rather not show off the contents of the RSRC files. Not NSFW, but just doing that for one challenge, a bet with a friend, if we may call it so

~ Vladislav Korotnev
http://vladkorotnev.github.com
http://vladkorotnev.me

On March 27, 2013 at 15:19:44 , Hauke Fath wrote:
At 15:00 Uhr +0600 27.3.2013, Vladislav Korotnev wrote:
>If anyone here has some experience developing for the Newton, please
>contact me off-list so the questions wouldn't flood other's mailboxes¬Ý

I'd be very much interested in the discussion - much more so than in some
of the off-topic stuff that gets posted.

My 0.02 EUR,
hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down" (DEVO)