[NTLK] OT - Off topic - Scamming at its best

Steven M. Spiegel appledoctor at cox.net
Fri Oct 18 13:48:14 EDT 2013

Frank,

Thank You for posting this off topic post!!

I recently had a regular client (a senior over 70) who received a notice while browsing through Safari, that something was wrong with her iMac.

Since it was late in the evening she responded to their offer to help her fix her computer remotely. Basically it was the same kind of thing as your example, but having the video of the process makes it so much clearer!!

I told her to dispute the charges with her CC company and get a new account. I straightened out her computer & removed all the stuff that that the guy from India put on.

I'm planning to send it to members of our 2 Mac Clubs I'm involved in right away!!

www.oacc.org  and www.themacclub.org

Again, Thanks so much!!

Regards,

Steven M. Spiegel     State Lic. #E-26047
The Apple Doctor
30 years in Apple & Mac Set-up, Support, Service, and Repairs
in Orange County, CA
www.theappledoctor.com
appledoctor at cox.net