[NTLK] Battery life w/ Einstein

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Apr 28 02:13:12 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:12 AM, Scott Hoffman <hoffo at gmx.com> wrote:

>         I haven't done much with it yet, not since installing the patch,
> but I'll keep you up to date.

In my case, the problem with Einstein is that it's its own silo. It doesn't
interact with the modern world at all. I can no longer use the tone dialing
to dial, it can't really do email nor web, and certainly not my SMSs or
iMessaging, etc. And the calendar is no longer syncable... So, we are stuck
with the Newton Silo. I suppose that for some people and some applications,
it works quite well, but for me, I really have become spoiled with the
modern way of integrating things. The main thing I miss from my Newton is
its integrated HWR, and especially the NotePad. Man, I used that thing like
crazy. It was my main usage--and to get things from there into the other
parts of the system (to dos, calendar, addresses, or into a document on my
hard drive, or email, etc.) IMO, if we could just replicate the Notepad on
a modern platform, that would be the win. I suppose if Einstein could do
that for me, I'd be happy, but I don't see that happening...

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining... I'm actually longing for
something--but I don't see it happening.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland