[NTLK] Battery life w/ Einstein

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Apr 29 16:43:26 EDT 2014

On 4/28/2014 5:46 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:
> ~~~ On 2014/04/28 19:02, Jon Glass at  ~~~
>
>> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Noah Leon wrote:
>>
>>> t's a shame that no modern device
>>> exists around that way of working (with a pen). The newt was great because
>>> the HWR was not an afterthought, but it interacted with the user in a fluid
>>> way that makes current devices seem clunky.
>>>
>> Yeah, and equally importantly, my Newton could understand my handwriting
>> even when I could not. ;-)
>>

> Hence, the famous quotation by Douglas Adams (see below).
> B-)
>

> Shalom,
>
> Christian
>
> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
>
> ³I had to go back and transcribe all of my
> speech notes from my Newton, which is what
> I usually use for giving speeches from,
> because I wasn¹t sure I was going to be
> able to read it in this light, so I had to
> transcribe the notes onto paper. Unfortunately,
> my Newton is better at reading my handwriting
> than I am. So, there may be a pause while I
> try and decipher what I¹ve written.²
>
>             -- Douglas Adams
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
> (With thanks to Chod Lang)
> http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
> http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942
Thanks for that quote lol.

I know I am late to the party on this but the isolated aspect of
Einstein is why I haven't really tried it much.  If I can't get data out
of it, then it is not worth it.  With the original hardware I can still
export and import data.

If we had some sort of implementation that allowed Einstein to
export/import data then I would jump on it. :)  Don't get me wrong I
think Einstein is a wonderful achievement but if you can't get your data
out, well what is the point?  It is why I didn't really use any sort of
PDA's before the Newton.  They were all data vaults.  You put in your
data but unless you wanted to type it in all over again, it was locked in.

-Dan