[NTLK] Newton Messaging Enabler v1.2?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Dec 12 16:50:20 EST 2014

I happened across
<http://web.archive.org/web/19980204051938/http://www.newton-inc.com/dev/sysenablrs.html>
noting that there was a Newton Messaging Enabler v1.2 that supported
not only the Newton Messaging Card, but also the Socket Pagecard &
Motorola Tango. Sadly, UNNA.org only seems to have v1.0:

<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/drivers/other/NewtonMessagingCard/>

Unfortunately, Internet Archive doesn't have an archive of the
NME12.sit.hqx, NME12.EXE, MsgEnblr.pkg, or Messaging Enabler.pdf
files. A google search didn't find any leads either. :(

Obviously, these old messaging cards are no longer functional these
days, but the programming interface is interesting to me to see if
it's something we can build on to support newer devices.

Anyone have any more details or happen to have any of these files
hidden away somewhere?

Thanks,

--
Morgan