[NTLK] Online with a WPA2 network.

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Sun Dec 14 19:54:23 EST 2014

Thanks for the tip.  The NH patches definitely improve things, and I can
load pages now.  DNS lookups are still slow, on the order of 20 seconds.

I have some more investigation to do.  I want to see why the port doesn’t
do the 230.4kbps that the documents say it should be able to do.  You can
ask for that baud rate, but in reality you get get 115200bps.  The docs
also mention an external clock allowing speeds up to 2 megabits, but I
don’t see any clock lines anywhere, so I’m not quite sure how that’s
supposed to work.  I don’t think it matters because the module isn’t
designed to push its own clock with the UARTs.

I also was thinking that it might be possible to get an old PCMCIA modem
and strip out the modem bits.  Like this guy:
http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/diyserial.html  Seems like there would be
room in there to put this module.  Would just need to find a place to
stick the antenna.

Jake