[NTLK] Touchscreen problem on my MP2000

Woody Smith woodysmith at me.com
Tue Dec 23 20:05:21 EST 2014

If the stylus input doesn’t work at all. I’m guessing that
1. digitizer ribbon is cut.  This is known to happen if dropped and the port cover door is driven into the case.
2. The contacts between the ribbon and the logic board are corroded, dirty, pressure foam is missing or logic board is loose.

The ribbon can be repaired with significant care, but it is easier than the eMate ribbon.  Cleaning the contacts is less difficult.  You will have to open the case to discover what is going on. See Frank’s site <http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html <http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html>> for step by step.

Woody