[Newtontalk] [ADMIN] Mailing list "welcome" messages

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Thu Jan 9 00:31:33 EST 2014

Hello everyone.

You may have received a "Welcome to the Newtontalk mailing list" message earlier today.

This was a surprise to me as well, seeing as I didn't instigate the sending of these message (and we're already members of the list).

It turns out that the NewtonTalk hosting account at Media Temple is being transitioned from the previous account owner (Bill Shamam) and over to me. This is a good thing, but for some reason, moving the hosting plan to a new account triggers a bunch of service resets (including one for our mailing list). As far as I can tell, this change shouldn't make any difference to the operation of the list.

Sorry for the confusion.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian