[NTLK] Please oh please stop assailing Grant with digest mode requests. Here's a tutorial how to do it yourself...

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Jan 16 17:10:24 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Andrei Chichak <newton at chichak.ca> wrote:

> On 2014-January-16, at 2:57 PM, Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:
>
>> '97 Volvo 850 as my daily commuter
>
> You've got bad control arms, your blower motor resistor will die soon, that crunching driver's door is the prop rod, remember to replace your timing belt or you will bend 20 valves, the rattle in the rear end is the upper shock mounts. All easy to fix and cheap too (except for the bent valves, that was bad).

Yup, control arms are likely cause of my tire wear issues and the
blower resistor died long ago (hey, at least it gracefully degrades to
still having full and off). The ABS modules go too, fortunately
there's a Newton-like community and a Frank-like guy who re-solders
the loose joints. I'll certainly be avoiding the bent valves.

--
Morgan
---