[NTLK] Can't start Einstein on MacBook Pro running 10.9.3

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 4 16:17:58 EDT 2014

SUCCESS!

I re-downloaded the Einstein app (using Matthias' link), just to be certain that I had the correct one.

Then, in SETUP, I pointed the ROM location to the image found in the folder (my previous ROM image), but this time I chose the UNIX image, not the other one. (I can't remember if I had that option before or not).

Then, VOILA! An upright rectangle full of the kind of "snow" (static) found on TV in the old pre-digital days, after the station had signed off the air. That soon cleared up, and there was the Newton Lightbulb logo, and then...the Setup screen.

Wow.

This is the first time I've seen Einstein first-hand, not in pictures or video. Amazing...all of you that have contributed have done an amazing job!

I'll be looking forward to Marisa's iOS app when she passes that along for my iPhone 5.

Thanks,
--Forrest

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place."
--Douglas Adams