[NTLK] my portable kit

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Jul 12 10:41:41 EDT 2014

This week, I moved my office from its tiny space into our "garage" (which
we don't use as a garage). In moving everything, I unearthed all my old,
unused portable computers, etc. I wanted to organize it all, so I put it on
our dining room table as I worked. In the end, I had a nice pile, so I sort
of arranged it and took a few pictures. I thought folks here might be
interested, as it includes a fair amount of Newton gear. Yes, that is a
Newton modem, two keyboards, and even a PowerPrint cable. As far as Newtons
are concernted, there are 2 120s, a 130, a 2000 (upgraded I think) and a
2100. 2 keyboards, a few cases, including a RipOff and Calise (modified for
a shoulder strap). I also have a Palm Tungsten T, T3 and Treo 650. ;-) 2
Pismos, 2 Duos (280c, 2300), and an MSI Wind (Hackintoshed) and an original
eeePC).

Most of this still boots, except two Palms, and maybe the Duos--but that's
mainly because their PRAM batteries are dead.

I almost forgot. I also have an older flying saucer Airport Base Station
and a StyleWriter 1200. The StyleWriter is important, because it prints
natively from the Newtons. ;-) It also takes both BC-01 and BC-02 carts,
which the older StyleWriters, I don't think could).

And yes, this stuff is all in storage, and no, it's not really for sale.
You would have to convince me if you wanted something. ;-)

OH, link. It's on FaceBook, but it should be public so you shouldn't need
to be on FB to see them:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152068970882242.1073741829.599497241&type=1&l=59e4e5a8bd

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"I don't believe in philosophies. I believe in fundamentals." --Jack
Nicklaus

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3