[NTLK] Assuming this is acceptable, ROM image for Einstein...

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Tue Jun 24 19:56:23 EDT 2014

The trademark for "Newton", "MessagePad" and the lightbulb logo have not been extended and consequently ran out last year. We could now officially call the Emulator "New Newton" or something and use the lightbulb as an icon.

Patents as well have run out, unless there are follow-up patents, but that is impossible to research but for a patent attorney.

Copyright however has a much longer expiration time. In the US it is 95 years for anonymous works, or 70 years after the death of a person for personal work.

In the end though, I do not think that anyone at Apple gives Einstein or NewtonOS a second thought.