[NTLK] HWR app for iPad

Joel M. Sciamma joel at inventors-emporium.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 05:42:01 EST 2014

Hi Jon,

Apart from WritePad, you should check out MyScript Memo, MathPad and Calculator and the suite of applications based on their tech at http://webdemo.visionobjects.com/
MathPad and Calculator are very impressive and unlike anything else I have seen.

There seems to be less emphasis on gestures for text editing, more is the pity, but the recognition accuracy is very good for me.

There is also the Notes Plus app, which incorporates HWR, but has a UI so impenetrable I hesitate to mention it. Notes Plus is very close conceptually to the Newton Notepad with shape recognition and embedded graphics but I cannot get my head around it.

I use Memo when taking notes while standing but I think there is room for a HWR-based outliner, which would be very handy for me.

Joel.

iOSDev02