[NTLK] Suggested Laptop for Newton programming

Sun Mar 16 11:14:39 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have the odd idea to bring my MessagePads back to life and using them,
for displaying some data. This would mean writing my own software for
the Newtons. However, none of the Macs I have in use, is capable of
running a pre-OS X OS.

Which laptop would you guys recommend buying off eBay for Newton
development? Which OS would you recommend? I do have Newton development
books to start with but where do I find specs for the supported infrared
protocols?

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian