[NTLK] [OT] Poutine in the oddest places (was: E on A)

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu May 8 21:18:26 EDT 2014

On Thursday, May 8, 2014, Mark Bock <markbvt at comcast.net> wrote:

> Even here in northern Vermont (I live about 20 miles from the Quebec
> border), poutine isn't very common, though more restaurants are adding it.
>
> What's easier to find in a lot of other parts of the US is gravy & cheese
> fries -- very similar to poutine, except that the cheese is melted
> mozzarella, jack, or cheddar instead of cheese curds.

 I frequently get gravy & cheese fries at various restaurants in the
Burlington, VT, area, but haven't happened across actual poutine. If you
know of any particular restaurants in northern Vermont who do serve it, I'm
happy to check them out and report back. Come to think of it, Leunig's
might have some on their menu, but I recall hearing their cheese curds
were certainly not squeaky.

Are there any active Newton users in Vermont?

--
Morgan
---