[NTLK] Smartdog Backtalk? Ellison / Robinson?

Jonathan Dueck jonathandueck at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 15:54:53 EDT 2014

Dear Newtontalkers,

A few years ago I asked this, and I'm going to give it another whirl: does anyone know how to get in touch with Bob Ellison of Smart Dog software, which made an IRDA ObEx extension for NewtonOS 2.1 in the early 2000s. Their website is still up, but the email address (while it doesn't bounce) produces no reply.

A few years ago, in this thread, Robinson Pereira notes he got in touch with Bob and received a copy of the software:
‎http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=119964248401252&w=2
‎
If you're out there, Robinson, I'd love to know how you managed it / if you know how to contact Ellison now.

I'm interested because I'd like to beam textfiles to and from a Palm device, and IC/VC doesn't work for this purpose since it sends Unicode text, which Palm devices can't handle.

Anything thoughts / leads most welcome!

Cheers,
Jon