[NTLK] Backing up to ATA CF

Woody Smith woodysmith at me.com
Wed Nov 5 21:29:24 EST 2014

> On Nov 5, 2014, at 8:14 AM, Stephen Hankins <ghankins at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Morgan, Woody, & Marisa!
>

> I have a 4MB card arriving today (along with an upgraded MP2000) that I hope will prove to be 5v and thus eMate write-compatible.

Even if it isn't, you can restore from it.  You can also leave items on it in the in/out box and install them.  Once you have two newts you can try these.

> I also need to play with the ATA Support options to see if I can use one of the volumes I create with it to stash packages that I don't want active on the Newton

Install extras extras (or any of a number of other pkgs) and use the freeze utility to deactivate temporarily. This will free up system ram even if it doesn't free up storage