[NTLK] No sound on Newton OMP

Marker Karahadian mkarahadian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:01:32 EDT 2014

Unfortunately analog circuits are made from parts that degrade with time.  Most commonly, capacitors dry out. I have no idea what kind of resistors are in the Newton, but carbon resistors will change over time and hot/cold cycles.  It may be possible to fix them, but finding a part that fits the physical space and lead position is always an issue. Solder joints are also subject to corrosion [increasing resistance].  Analog sound and power supply circuits are unforgiving.

Marker Karahadian
mkarahadian at gmail.com

424-200-2151  Mobile
626-345-1800  Office