[NTLK] Ethernet, WiFi, Persistent Free Memory Errors

Greg Hankins mail at sevenlakestimes.net
Fri Oct 24 22:23:09 EDT 2014

Hi All!

I have successfully obtained an IP address from my router using a Silver WaveLAN card, and even gotten most of the way through a backup to NCX2. (So far, all my backup attempts have terminated, on one side or the other, prior to completion. Though I have had success using a serial connection.)

But, most of the time, pressing the connect button on the dock results in an error telling me that my Newton hasn't enough free memory to do what I have asked, suggesting I restart. The restart sometimes works, sometimes does not.

Is this likely because I have only a lowly 2000 rather than a 2100? I am guessing the problem is a lack of RAM.

At this point, I have frozen everything that is freezable other than the various extras that are needed to complete and internet connection.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Greg
Greg Hankins, Publisher
The Seven Lakes Times
P.O. Box 468
West End, NC 27376
910-673-0111 • 888-806-2572 (fax) • 910-690-6158 (Mobile)
mail at sevenlakestimes.net
Visit our website at sevenlakestimes.net