[NTLK] Summertime Newton Update

Anthony Morrow anthonydmorrow at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:33:32 EDT 2015

On Aug 20, 2015, at 4:47 PM, Grant Hutchinson <grant at splorp.com> wrote:

> Hello listees.
>
> Just checking in.
>
> I'm assuming that everyone is having an awesome summer and that's why the list is so quiet.
>
> Have any of you been tinkering with your little green friends lately?
>
> Let me know.
>

> g.

I’ll be honest, my Newton was retired as my primary note device at work over two years ago. My manager had the idea to get everyone in our department (a small university IT department of 16 people) tablets. The use of my 18 year old Newton probably motivated the movement. Most of the department got iPads (4th gen), two people got Nexus 10 tablets, and I went against the grain and asked for a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 running Windows 8. I migrated all my notes over to OneNote and placed the newton on my shelf at home. Today I use my ThinkPad tablet for note taking at meetings using either the pen or a bluetooth keyboard, Checking wifi coverage, and use serial and ethernet adapters to connect to switches in closets when needed.

I don’t play with the Newton these days, but I stay busy getting applications to run on on my PowerMac running Ubuntu 14.04. That is a unique challenge when packages don’t exist a repository.

-Tony Morrow
http://lookanotherblog.com