[NTLK] Newton Mp2x00 Extract the ROM, request for help

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sun Feb 1 14:47:54 EST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 7:36 PM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
>> PS: yes, I had the basics in Eagle PCB CAD already. You guessed it:
>
>> http://matthiasm.com/ROMBoard.jpg
>

> Ha! I KNEW IT!
>
> One of these days we should meet and have a beer. Or two. Beer will be on
> me...

Sure. Let's meet any time. I am located in Düsseldorf, Germany. Anyone else on the list who wants to try some fantastic German beer?

Here is an aligned image of all layers in the ROM board. Its a 4-layer board, but layer 2 and 3 are ground plane and power plane only. I am getting my 6-layer version of Eagle CAD tomorrow, so I can trace everything in. Once we have this, we can figure out the missing parts on the back of the ROM card (12MB Flash RAM for everyone for a few bucks!), and we can even make new ROM cards with better chips (4 ROMs in one, reflash your firmware, adding features...).

Anyway, have fun with this (note the PSD, photoshop extension!):