[NTLK] Newton Mp2x00 Extract the ROM, request for help

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Tue Feb 3 17:53:11 EST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 7:36 PM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
>> PS: yes, I had the basics in Eagle PCB CAD already. You guessed it:
>
>> http://matthiasm.com/ROMBoard.jpg
>

> Ha! I KNEW IT!

I have vectorized the traces in QCAD, but the results are pretty useless. QCAD only generates pretty lines, but no PCB layout. I was trying to get this into Eagle CAD, but Eagle has no reverse engineering feature whatsoever - no image overlay or back annotation from the PCB to the planner.

It would be easy to reverse engineer the ROM board, and improve on it (more Flash RAM, reprogrammable ROMs, multiple ROMs). It's 90's high tech, which makes it a medium difficulty 2015 hobby project ;-).

Does anyone have a program that would make it easier to draw the traces, or, alternatively, import the QCAD dxf file and back-annotate it into a design file?

Matthias