[NTLK] MP2x00 Internal Interconnect Breakout

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sat Jan 3 16:27:34 EST 2015

Nice Breakout board. I had a bunch made a few years ago to get a USB-to-internal serial port adapter going.

My board worked as a prototype, but after I had PCBs made, I could not get the PCBs to work. Unfortunately, I ripped the breadboard setup apart, and I never managed to get it to work again. Now I have 20 PCBs laying around that don;t do what I need ;-)

If you do manage to get the WiFi working, I would love to have another run at my USB setup.

My USB setup was meant to replace the usual cable connection. I felt that it was important that no additional software should be required on the MessagePad.

My problem was, that I did not get the OS to switch from the external port to the internal port. The breadbord setup was able to do that, But the PCB not. PLease let me know if you have good information on that.

Still unclear is the slowdown.exe issue. There are timing issues on the NewtonOS side taht will generate connection issues if the CPU of the host is too fast. On WIndows machines, for a while "slowdown'exe" could be used, which simply created busy loop, keeping the CPU(s) active, and slowing down synchronization.

Matthias