[NTLK] MP2x00 Internal Interconnect Breakout

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Jan 5 08:11:19 EST 2015

> On Jan 5, 2015, at 12:44 PM, Jake Bordens <jake at allaboutjake.com> wrote:
>
> Unrelated note on inputs:  The external port has a serialGPI input.  I was
> surprised to see that this is actually mentioned in the Newton Programmers
> Reference.  RegPowerHandler can tell the handler that the newton was woken
> up by a signal on GPIO (pin 7) of the connector.  Unfortunately, there
> doesn't seem to be an equivalent for the modem port.  I wish I knew more
> about the GPIO pin (26) that can be used as either an input or output.  In
> software, I don't want to probe randomly at all the GPIOs just to find
> what GPIO# is is.

GPIO:
0 = input for power switch
1 = input to determine if power adapter is connected
2 = PCMCIA card lock 0
3 = PCMCIA card lock 1
4 = switch 5Vpp
5 = switch 12Vpp
6 = LTC 1323 driver for ser0
7 = output to enable fast charging
8 = input to read IR FORM BUSY
9 = Serial ~CP Enable

DIC:
0: input if dock attached
1: input if battery not charging
2: available for configuration to the slot
3: 5V on PCMCIA slot
4: reset the IR transceiver
5: determine if rechargeable battery pack is installer

all GPIOs can be configured as inputs and can trigger interrupts

http://www.unna.org/unnasearch/entry.php?pkey=153