[NTLK] NSM alpha 3

Matej Horvat matej.horvat at guest.arnes.si
Thu Jan 8 14:08:40 EST 2015

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 15:45:50 +0100, Victor Rehorst <victor at chuma.org>
wrote:

> This looks neat.  But there's no source or Linux-x86 build, so I can't
> noodle around with it myself. :(

The problem with Linux is that it's impossible to guarantee that the
executable will work on every distribution, and I have little interest in
it.

> Judging from your documentation, Linux or even POSIX compatible file I/O
> should be simple to add.  Do you need or want some help?

I don't understand what you mean. There is already a NEWT/0-compatible
file I/O library which is basically just a wrapper around POSIX functions.
The VM deliberately does only minimal I/O because everything else can be
implemented in packages.