[NTLK] Ni-Mh battery pack
vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:05:43 EDT 2015
I've had a MP2000U I got from Frank for 4 years so far, and it's never been bringing me any trouble.
However I've been using it quite rarely for past year or so, and these days I notice that the battery life is not as awesome as it used to be when the rebuilt pack was just fresh.
Here's how it goes:
1. I get the Newt from it's usual place, it's at zero power
2. Plug it in, get the usual calibration and package startup, the battery meter in Extras or Avi's show 100% charged
3. After some time it says 71%, speedily going back to 100%, NewtTest says "Trickle charge"
4. Once it's at 100%, I unplug it and then plug it back in, it says it's at about 30%, and "Fast charging"
5. Then it hangs at 75% most of the time, charging at about 1 amp, the battery gets warm (not hot, just warm, like, cat warm).
6. Sometimes it gets to 100% and if I replug it, it goes to step 4
7. If it stays at 100% I unplug it and the Newt can be in standby for about a week or two
Previously I've been getting close to half a month if not even a month of standby (using the newt as a periodic personal diary and anime list, so it's not even seeing hardcore wifi use as it did back in the-awesome-2012, mostly turned on monthly).
Is it that just my usage pattern had killed the battery pack, or should I be worried about the controller and/or software on my Newt?
I have an extremely rare russian language pack installed on my Newt that I don't quite remember if I still have, so I'd rather not brain wipe it for a test :-)
Thanks in advance!
~ Vladislav Korotnevhttp://software.vladkorotnev.me/
More information about the NewtonTalk