[NTLK] 2015 eMate Connectivity?

steveC craft.steve at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:04:48 EDT 2015

Thanks for the links, they were a good refresher!

Daydreaming a bit, I can imagine a Raspberry Pi running "headless" with versions of tools mentioned in "http://newtonlink.sourceforge.net/Newton_and_Linux-mini-HOWTO.html", using serial port connectivity and having all eMate document content stored in SMB-accessible shares. Then the eMate could be used for distraction-free writing as it was meant to be, and when it's time to sync just pull out the Pi, plug it, a few taps on the eMate, done. Hmmmm.....

http://www.davidhunt.ie/add-a-9-pin-serial-port-to-your-raspberry-pi-in-10-minutes/

Thoughts?