[NTLK] iosEinstein help please

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Sun Mar 8 14:48:25 EDT 2015

On Mar 8, 2015, at 4:35 AM, Bob Carls Dudney <kosmicdollop at saber.net> wrote:

> Finally figured out how to build with XCode.
>
> Install onto iPad fails.
>
> iTunes shows it in apps list as 25 MB, but when I tap app icon on iPad the name changes to Installing… and nothing happens.

How are you going about installing it?  The easiest thing to do is to attach your iOS Device by USB, change the setting in Xcode to run on the device instead of in the simulator, and Run the project.

But to run anything on the device, you'll need a codesigning certificate from Apple's developer program ($99 per year).  The Xcode project must be configured to sign the build with that certificate.  You'll also need a provisioning file installed on the device that includes the hardware ID of the device and the bundle ID of the app you will be installing.

Steven