[NTLK] Does the sun hurt the Newton's cases?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed May 27 07:46:30 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015, Vladislav Korotnev <vladkorotnev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> Since I gotta live in quite a small flat for now, I keep all my
> old-mac-stuff behind my main monitor on the window.
> I know that macs tend to get this kinda yellowish tint when stored that
> way, but do Newts or eMates get the same kind of thing?

The MessagePad cases--I'm not sure about the eMate off the top of my
head--are made from ABS plastic, which is not very UV resistant at all. The
rubberized coating my help there, but will likely break down with high UV
exposure as well. I'm not an expert, but I believe that simply covering
will reduce UV exposure (not all materials will reflect or absorb UV rays,
esp. some fabrics).

--
Morgan
---